[Samba] tdb files

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Tue Apr 2 01:16:29 MDT 2013

On 04/01/2013 11:22 PM, Pascal Legrand wrote:
> Hello,
> i recently had problem with a samba server.
> To make some tests i make logs more verbose then the var partition "exploded".
> To make samba works fine i made this :
> stop samba services
> cleanup var partitions
> kill some smbd process
> make logs less verbose
> Then restart samba
Did you reach 100% in the filesystem ?

> Since i've got some strange problems :
> When a user logout the process is not killed and sometime the user cant mount
> all his share.
>
> I think i sould reboot the server itself and maybe remove some tdb files.
> Does somebody could told me if i have to reboot server and if i have to remove
> some tdb files, which one i have to keep ?
Well first stop samba and check that you don't have any tdb open (sudo
lsof | grep tdb), it's highly possible that you have some corrupted tdb.

If there is no open file then you can first try to clean file in
/run/samba and in /var/cache/samba (location on ubuntu) when samba is off.

> thanks for your answer and sorry for my poor english
It's ok no need be ashamed.
Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou