[Samba] Ran classiupgrade, users not there

Ricky Nance ricky.nance at weaubleau.k12.mo.us
Mon Apr 1 06:15:51 MDT 2013

Did you fix the duplicate entries? Also does samba-tool user list show your
users?

Ricky

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, simon+samba at matthews.eu wrote:

 I am attempting to do an upgrade from SAMBA3 to SAMBA4. I am working on a
> new VM rather than the existing SAMBA3 server.
>
> The old server uses tdbsam as the passdb backend. I copied the contents of
> /var/lib/samba and the smb.conf from the old machine to the new machine.
>
> We run a yp domain, which has the same name as the samba domain. The dns
> domain is different. Users exist in both the yp passwd map and the samba
> domain.
>
> I followed the instructions on building SAMBA here:
> http://opentodo.net/2013/01/**samba4-as-ad-domain-**
> controller-on-centos-6/<http://opentodo.net/2013/01/samba4-as-ad-domain-controller-on-centos-6/>
>
> then moved to the instructions on migration here:
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.**php/Samba4/samba-tool/domain/**
> classicupgrade/HOWTO#**Upgrading_In_Place<http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/samba-tool/domain/classicupgrade/HOWTO#Upgrading_In_Place>
>
> It appeared to finish normally (it complained about a couple of duplicate
> entries).
>
> However, after the classicupgrad, running
> /usr/local/samba/bin/pdbedit -L
> reveals that the users and groups do not exist.
>
> Should I expect this? If so, what database holds the user information?

I should also mention that I used the dns domain for the "realm" in the
classicupgrade command. The DNS domain is different from the YP/SAMBA
domain.

Simon