[Samba] Winbind issue using samba 3.6.3

Heather Choi hceuterpe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 21:12:11 MDT 2012

Looks like you have a potentially conflicting idmap block here:

idmap backend = rid:DOMAN=10000-20000
and here:
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000

This is more contemporary with Samba 3.6:

    idmap config * : backend = tdb
    idmap config * : range = 20001-30000

    idmap config DOMAIN : backend  = rid
    idmap config DOMAIN : range = 10000-20000
    idmap config DOMAIN : base_rid = 0

[me at LINUX ~](14)$ wbinfo --user-info=testuser
testuser:*:13102:1513:Test User:/home/testuser:/bin/bash
[me at LINUX ~](15)$ getent passwd testuser
testuser:*:13102:1513:Test User:/home/testuser:/bin/bash

(My low-end range starts lower than 10000, btw).

Also, you sure you want to keep your idmap range within just 10000?
Seems quite low to me.