[Samba] Printing from Samba4

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Sep 28 04:19:22 MDT 2012

On 27/09/12 22:25, Florian Scholz wrote:
> try
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO#Step_13:_Setup_a_Printer_share
>
> 2012/9/27 steve <steve at steve-ss.com <mailto:steve at steve-ss.com>>
>
>     Hi
>     I have a printer connected to a Samba4 AD machine. I set it up using
>     CUPS. It works fine.
>
>     Is there a howto as to what I need to add to smb.conf to be able to
>     print from windows boxes connected to the domain?

Hi
Thanks for the link.

I can see the printer (HP Deskjet F2200) in Printers and Faxes without
doing anything. I can send files to it too but nothing prints. The files
I send appear in the print queue and disappear as if they have been
spooled. I think the problem is tha I can't install a windows driver for it:

  Everything is OK until step 4
  Click File -> Server Properties
Here, everything is greyed out

So I can't do step 5:
On the Drivers Tab, Click 'Add...', then 'Next'
because 'Add. . .' is greyed out.

It's as if the Domain Administrator does not have permission to do
anything from a client.

Any ideas where I can check?

Cheers,
Steve