[Samba] Samba 3 and cupsaddsmb

Kristofer kristofer at cybernetik.net
Tue Sep 25 16:59:17 MDT 2012

I can't even get cupsaddsmb to work right.  I followed the configuration instructions from the documentation, and my smb.conf matches what the cupsaddsmb man page says.

I am getting extremely frustrated with this and not being able to allow clients to download drivers from Samba.

With cupsaddsmb, this is the error I am receiving when it gets to this point, over and over:

Running command: rpcclient localhost -N -A /tmp/cupsDdRS7Y -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86" "pw003:pscript5.dll:pw003.ppd:ps5ui.dll:pscript.hlp:NULL:RAW:pscript5.dll,pw003.ppd,ps5ui.dll,pscript.hlp,pscript.ntf,cups6.ini,cupsps6.dll,cupsui6.dll"'
result was WERR_INVALID_PARAM

What in the heck is going on?  Why can I not get any of this to work?