[Samba] Did anybody test smbclient4 against smbd4 using SMB2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 25 03:10:45 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 01:14 -0700, Jun Yi wrote:
> Dear everybody,
>
> I want to give a shout "Did anybody test smbclient4 against smbd4 using
> SMB2". I failed to do so. I always got the error
> NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH. I don't believe that my configuration is
> wrong. I am checking the source code, but I really want somebody to tell me
> if they have done it and succeeded.

I'm a little confused by the way you are describing the components you
are using, as we don't produce a smbd4.

Either way, perhaps it would help if we went back to basics.  In master,
it seems that the smbclient binaries can use SMB2, but smbclient4
cannot.

Can you show your configuration?  How are you selecting smb2 on the
client and server?

What exact version are you running?

What exact command fails?  What is the full error?

If my explanation above isn't enough, an you provide a .pcap network
capture and level 10 log?

Andrew Bartlett