[Samba] Why smbclient4 can not communicate with smserver4?

Jun Yi yi.jun.mail at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 02:57:22 MDT 2012

Did anybody run into this problem before. I see both sides communicate
using SMB2 (with the help of wireshark).
The client tells the server that the client supports SMB 2002 and SMB 20??,
the server selects SMB 2010 during the negotiation phase.
After the client got the negotiaiton response from the server, it just
disconnects and report NT_STATUS_REVISION_MISMATCH. What did that happen?
Can somebody give me  a short explanation and a workaround. Thanks

Jun