[Samba] Cross Compile Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 20 11:50:54 MDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-09-02 at 14:42 +0200, Sebastian Ulmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to port samba4beta8 to Optware which includes cross compiling it
> for various platforms. I already created makefiles for optware for samba
> versions 3.4 and 3.6.  Creating a working makefile for samba4 I try to
> use the new build environment but it puzzles me. I don't get over part
> where the python version is being checked.  From my findings it looks
> like the linker dislikes the argument "-Bsymbolic-functions". I tried to
> find the part of the buildscript where this option is set, but didn't
> find it. Unfortunately I cannot switch to a newer compiler, which
> supports this argument. I tried to use option --nopyc, but that did not
> help. Further I did notice that the scripts does not find the correct
> python version of the target platform and uses host python and I don't
> how to change that. I would appreciate any help.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

The cross-compile support isn't tested very often, and it may need some
work in various areas to improve it.  It certainly seems likely that we
assume the python version is the same (as of course the build system is
built with python).

Sadly I can't really help much right now, you may find it less
frustrating to switch to newer tools than to try and figure this out.

Andrew Bartlett