[Samba] How to set password on Samba4 using phpldapadmin?

Gaurav Kumar gauravphoenix at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 05:22:36 MDT 2012

Hi, I am running Samba version Version 4.1.0pre1-GIT-b53c5bc. Everything is
working fine in terms of basic AD functionality. Windows machines are able
to join domain.
I'm able to set user password using samba-tool. However I would like to use
phpldapadmin to set password.
In the password field (while using phpldapadmin) I see several options like
md5 etc. Which option should I select? I tried selecting one (md5) but it
didn't work. phpldapadmin told me it has changed the object but in reality
samba was still using old password.

So, how do I change admin (and other user passwords) using inbuilt LDAP
server?

Thanks,
Gaurav