[Samba] Mounting DOSBOX on a remote share

czezz czezz at o2.pl
Fri Sep 14 17:30:23 MDT 2012

Hello again,
it seems that it is somehow related to SAMBA.
If I add options "noserverino" and "directio" to smbmount then problem is partly solved.

I share an old dBase/Clipper program with Samba.
This program is used by multiple WinXP,Vista hosts simultaneously.
DOSbox can see CIFS/SMB share. It can run the program and use database. New entries added to DB by other hosts appears also at Dosbox (that didnt happend without "directio").

However, if I create eg. a simple txt file, DOSbox will not see that file (at lease cant list it).
But it can display content of that txt file.

Any ideas why it is like this ?

BR,
czezz