[Samba] Migrating from OpenDirectory (MAC OSX) to OpenLDAP (Linux)

Piotr Kandziora raveenpl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 01:49:30 MDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to use external MAC OSX (LION) OpenDirectory database as a ldap
backend to my Samba (3.6.7) installed on Linux server so that I will be able
to use MAC OSX user/password to log into Samba shares. I was trying to use
this database but as I can see OpenDirectory database schema seems to be
incompatible. Does anyone know any working solution for that?

One of the potential solutions I consider is to dump OpenDirectory database
and import it to local Linux LDAP database. But here is as I can see problem
with userPassword field in user a record. Any ideas how to migrate
OpenDirectory database keeping users passwords?

Best regards
Piotr