[Samba] security level = user

Manuel Santiago manuel.santiago at sapo.pt
Thu Sep 6 04:50:30 MDT 2012

Hi all,

I have debian squeeze system installed, and samba server 3.5.6 installed.

I need in some shares force to user put username and password to access
data, but if I use share level, the system doesn´t ask for username, and if
I use USER Level I need to make login to see all shares even public share.

I need user level for each folder shared and for public share and first
access to the computer without username or password (guest).

How can I do that? I search and tried several configuration but, nothing
works as I need.

Thanks in advance

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Manuel Santiago

Sisinforma,lda

Telf. +351 302 099 180

Skype: sisinforma2006

Visite-nos em www.sisinforma.com

CONFIDENCIALIDADE: Esta mensagem e quaisquer documentos em anexo são
confidenciais.   Se não for o destinatário desta mensagem, agradecemos que
avise imediatamente o remetente  e que a elimine sem a reproduzir, armazenar
ou divulgar a qualquer entidade.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the  contents to another person, use it for
any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.