[Samba] Is this a bug in smbclient?

Traugott Simon Sauron99 at gmx.de
Thu Sep 6 23:44:04 MDT 2012

Hi there,
im trying to backup a Windows Server 2003  64Bit with Amanda. It uses the smbclient for backing up a Windows Share.

So far so good, but on large shares I do get a lot of error messages which I can not explain.

? NT_STATUS_OK opening remote file \Daten\Titelseite\153x215.ai (\Daten\Titelseite\)
  ? NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT listing \Daten\Titelseite\*

  ? NT_STATUS_OK opening remote file \Daten\MÀdchen.jpg (\Daten\)
  ? NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT listing \Daten\Bilder_Fotos und Logos\Fotolia\*

Im using the smbclient 3.6.6 which comes with Debian Wheezy.Is there anything I can do or test about it?

Greetings!