[Samba] Samba upgrade problem with ADS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Sep 4 22:26:26 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 22:10 -0400, Nitin Thakur wrote:
> hi gurus
>
> My samba upgrade woes: -
>
> I have to run 2 instances of samba one for dev and one for UAT. both the instances are giving me hard time after the upgrade.
>
> One instance keeps giving me following error: -
>
>   connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to open the domain client session to machine xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxxxx.COM. Error was : NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO.
> [2012/09/04 16:19:36.993000,  0] auth/auth_domain.c:292(domain_client_validate)

that means it could not find the domain password in secrets.tdb.  When
you upgraded, did you either copy the secrets.tdb to the new prefix, or
use the same prefix?

This doesn't explain the re-join issues, unless you are mixing up a
'net' binary from one release (and prefix) with smbd/winbindd from the
other however.

Andrew Bartlett