[Samba] Changed PDC IP, all hell broke lose

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 4 10:00:00 MDT 2012

I have no idea what the WINS server is except that I am sure it running on
Windows since they are totally Windows-based organization.  So the WINS server
is definitely the problem?  When I talk to them and mention I am using Samba
on Linux they may totally just say "we don't support it" and hang up.

It seems a strange design that a WINS server can take precedence over
my explicit "password server" setting in my smb.conf file.

-- Paul Raines (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)