[Samba] Changed PDC IP, all hell broke lose

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 4 09:16:29 MDT 2012

I am not running winbindd on the server.  I am using the WINS server of
my hospital which I have no control over.

I have already tried deleting browse.dat (I do not see the other two
files anywhere) to no avail.

So my fear is that this is all happening because the WINS server is refusing
to recognize the change since I cannot do anything about it. Is that
the issue?  Is there anyway to force a WINS server to change the IP
it has a for domain master browser?

-- Paul Raines (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)