[Samba] How can I show only the shares that user have access to in SAMBA

simon ben guy20034u at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 14:46:53 MDT 2012

Dear All,

For the issue i am having to display shares only to
users having access i did come across a article but just
wondering what exactly it means

------------
access based share enum (S)

If this parameter is yes for a service, then the share hosted by the
service will only be visible to users who have read or write access to
the share during share enumeration (for example net view \\sambaserver).
 This has parallels to access based enumeration, the main difference
being that only share permissions are evaluated, and security
descriptors on files contained on the share are not used in computing
enumeration access rights.

Default: access based share enum = no

------------

I apprecite if someone could clarify it with example

---------

my smb.conf is

---------------
[kmplan]
        comment = masterplan testing directory
        path = /opt/network/testplan
        valid users = @localgrp
        write list = @localgrp
        read only = No
       hide unreadable = Yes
       hide unwriteable files = Yes
        access based share enum = Yes

want only the users of localgrp to see the share and no others

appreciate your kind help

regards

simon