[Samba] List windows clients/machines in network list (win 7)
marcio.oli.df at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:19:29 MDT 2012
some of the machines of my network aren't been listed in (Windows
Explorer - Network icon).
I made a research and I found the following:
- try to activate some services:
UPnP Device Host;
Function Discovery Resource Publication.
Note: this situation happens with machines that were joined to the domain
and with others that weren't added to domain yet.
I would like to see every windows clients listed in Network icon. I
activated these services, but it keeps not working.
I think my samba DCs are OK, less the following log message, that I'm not
sure if it's normal:
1. [2012/10/10 14:40:52.257211, 0]
3. dump workgroup on subnet 10.0.5.5: netmask= 255.255.248.0:
4. WORKGROUP(2) current master browser = UNKNOWN
5. NetworkDomain (1) current master browser = PDC 1
6. PDC1 40849b3b (PDC 1 )
7. BDC1 40809b3b (BDC 1 )
8. [2012/10/10 14:40:52.257344, 0]
10. dump workgroup on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET: netmask= 10.0.5.5:
11. NetworkDomain (1) current master browser = UNKNOWN
12. PDC-SEDE1 40819b3b (PDC 1 )
Maybe there is a problem between lines 5 and 11 at above lines. But I don't
understand the syntax of this log.
Is my network without a current master browser?
Anybody could help me with these 2 troubles?
More information about the samba