[Samba] So no conversion from group_mapping.ldb to group_mapping.tdb?

Robert M. Martel - CSU r.martel at csuohio.edu
Thu Nov 29 09:15:44 MST 2012

Greetings,

I recently upgraded an AD member server from Samba 3.5.15 to Samba 3.6.9
and found that I had lost all the existing local group mappings.

I see that the group mapping file has gone from group_mapping.ldb to
group_mapping.tdb.

I asked on this list as well as searching the web, Samba documentation
(which still seems focused on version 3.5), and Samba Wiki and found
nothing on a method to convert/migrate information stores in the
group_mapping.ldb file to the new group_mapping.tdb - is that correct?

Because of the way Active Directory is managed at out site I store
dozens of local groups and their memberships in that file.

I found NOTHING in the Samba 3.6.x release notes warning me of the
change to the group_mapping file.

Just wanted to confirm that there is no conversion utility that I missed
and that I am on my own to migrate that information.

Thank you
Bob Martel

Robert M. Martel                 I met someone who looks a lot like you
System Administrator             She does the things you do
Levin College of Urban Affairs   But she is an IBM
Cleveland State University                           -Jeff Lynne
(216) 687-2214
r.martel at csuohio.edu