[Samba] (Samba4) Normal users unable to login

Michael Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Sat Nov 24 20:36:17 MST 2012

On 11/24/2012 10:01 PM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> No I meant use wireshark to do trace
> (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets)

Yeah, I did that; I posted a little bit ago about that.  Nothing
interesting was found.

The group policy thing is a red herring it turns out.

Here's what I know at the moment:

  * My user account and profile work just fine.  They were rsync'd over
    from the Samba 3.5 server.

  * All other user accounts and profiles _do not_ work, giving the Group
    Policy Client failed the logon error message.  Color me confused as
    to why.

I tried this:

I created a new user account, "testuser", and that logged in
successfully.  It is not a member of Domain Admins, so it seems that
only the users from the old Samba server (excluding myself, which I have
no clue why) are somehow not compatible with the new setup.

I thought maybe it was a permissions problem on the profile directory,
so I checked the ACLs against the ACLs for the newly created profile.
Identical, except for the user account, which was to be expected.
Nothing useful learned there.

I'm stumped.

	--- Mike