[Samba] Samba4 - Wins error running samba-tool classicupgrade

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Fri Nov 16 09:00:09 MST 2012

Hello:

First, sorry for my English.

I'm testing samba4 rc5. I have compiled and installed samba4 and now I'm
trying to simulate an upgrade from my samba3 site to my samba4 test
installation. I have setup a isolated network and I have replicated
server and clients, copied my samba3 ldap contents and tdb files.

But, when I run samba-tool classicupgrade following to the docs,
samba-tool complaints about wins error.

Below is the error. When the error appeared, I manually deleted the name
entries in the wins.dat file, but the error continues with other machine
names.

Can I delete the wins.dat (entirely or its content) without consecuences?

I have re-run the samba-tool classicupgrade after every error. Need I to
wipe the internal samba4 database before re-run samba-tool
classicupgrade? If, "yes", how?

Importing WINS database
ERROR (ldb): uncaught exception - Entry name=REP-01-FUN01, type=0x20
already exists
     File
"/usr/local/samba/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py",
line 175 in _run
         return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
     File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py",
line 1318, in run
         useeadb=eadb, dns_backend=dns_backend, use_ntvfs=use_ntvfs)
     File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/upgrade.py", line
848, in upgrade_from_samba3
         import_wins(Ldb(result.paths.winsdb), samba3_winsdb)
     File
"/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/upgrade.py", line
364, in import_wins
         "address": ips})

Regards

Federico