[Samba] Samba4-rc4 Internal DNS && ACL sync problem

Innocent Yevide inyevfr at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 9 02:40:10 MST 2012

Hi Kai,

before i submit trace, this is what I have for server role = active directory domain controller

Best Regards,

Inno.

________________________________
 De : Kai Blin <kai at samba.org>
À : Innocent Yevide <inyevfr at yahoo.fr>
Cc : "samba at lists.samba.org" <samba at lists.samba.org>
Envoyé le : Vendredi 9 novembre 2012 1h57
Objet : Re: [Samba] Samba4-rc4 Internal DNS  && ACL sync problem

On 2012-11-08 18:27, Innocent Yevide wrote:

Hi,

> I am trying to connect to samba4 internal DNS server from Win7 using
> DNS manager. but I cannot connect to it; however I am able to connect
> to the same on windows server.

Can you please get a network trace of this?
(https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets)

> the samba4 dns is however working fine. I can resolve hosts
> properly.

It looks to me like the dns server is working and the dnsserver RPC
service is causing trouble.

> do I need may be to configure anything, or set server role parameter
> to something?

What is your server role set to?

Cheers,
Kai