[Samba] provisioning fails

samba.to.anomalyst at xoxy.net samba.to.anomalyst at xoxy.net
Sun Nov 4 16:12:31 MST 2012

I would like it to provision a domain or have had no response on irc or the
samba maing list as to why it fails. Having the wiki howto up to date would
not be a bad idea either.
The wiki and most other online resources indicate the one should use the
"provision" command.
This command is no longer available in the S4RC you must use samba-tool to
accomplish the task.

sudo samba-tool domain provision --realm=new.example.com
--domain=NEWDOM --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ --adminpass=badpass
--server-role='domain controller'
Unfortunately, attempting to provision on a fresh Ubuntu 12.04 install with
the following additional packages:<br>
build-essentials
python-software-properties
build-essential libacl1-dev python-dev libldap2-dev
pkg-config gdb libgnutls-dev libblkid-dev libreadline-dev libattr1-dev
openssl
(please note these pre-requisite are not documented in the wiki)
gives the following error:
"libkdc-policy.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"
and I cant get an answer as to where to find or build this module or find
such info in a web search.

All in all, it has been a very frustrating experience.