[Samba] Migrating from windows server 2003 to SAMBA4

Innocent Yevide inyevfr at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 2 12:34:47 MDT 2012

Thanks Gémes
> Hello,
>
> I have an existing basic DC configured on windows server 2003, and would like to move/migrate it to Samba4.
>
> Is that possible, if so, could anyone tell me way to do it?
>
> Thanks beforehand.
>
> Inno.
1. Join samba4 with samba-tool domain join ...
2. ensure that the directory is replicated
3. copy the sysvol share from win2k3 to samba4
4. run samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset on the samba4 box
5.-1000. Test test test
1001. If you are satisfied with how samba4 is working you can launch
dcpromo on win2k3 in order to demote it.

Regards

Geza Gemes