[Samba] nfs mount disables AD permissions

François Moyson micdedi at free.fr
Thu May 31 02:17:16 MDT 2012

Hello,

The problem I was facing before, permissions being reset and not
changeable using windows explorer security tab
was in fact triggered by the command "mount -t nfs
192.168.1.91:/mnt/raid1SAS /mnt/raid1SAS"

So it seems that whenever I mount an nfs share (which doesn't seem to
support the extended attributes), then
for some reason the extended attributes of all other files in the system
are disabled too, that goes for the samba shares too.

Therefore I cannot mount an nfs share without the consequence of
disabling all of the AD permissions on the samba share.

Would there be a way to fix that, is it a normal behaviour ?

regards,
micmac (François Moyson)