[Samba] wbinfo -u - Error looking up domain users

David S. beavies at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:32:38 MDT 2012

Hello,

perhaps you have something bad with kerberos? To have a samba server in
an Active Directory I use kerberos so kerberos must be well configured
and TIME synced between samba server and the Domain controller (I use
ntpdate).

Second: Must have the samba server joined to the domain, so the commands:

net ads testjoin
wbinfo -u
wbinfo -g

must give succesfull result (with the winbind daemon running of course)

And finally, to use the Active Directory's users on samba server the
file /etc/nsswitch should have "winbind" directive on passwd and group
in order to recognize those users.

Detailed explanation of samba, kerberos and winbind can be found at:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_&_Active_Directory

And some minor changes at /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts can be made in
order to avoid problems with dns.

Zorry i'm zleeppy :o
I hope this mail has given you some clue
night!

--
David