[Samba] Windows 7 attempting to access Samba over port 80

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:02:02 MDT 2012

Since it is port 80, can you capture the contents of the packets?

It might be Outlook trying to autoconfigure a mail account?  Outlook
will poke around on several ports trying to locate a mail server.

I believe Windows clients should try to connect on port 445 then fall
back to 137-139.    The only way samba would use port 80 is if you were
using an SSL tunnel BUT I don't think Windows client natively supports
that.