[Samba] samba home folder share

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Mon May 28 06:15:51 MDT 2012

Il 28/05/2012 10:29, NdK ha scritto:

> Just a quick question: is the ACL needed only for local users (logged on
> server, or accessing an NFS share) or for Samba users too?
> Since I won't let users directly logon to the server but only via Samba,
> I'd prefer to avoid ACL overhead if possible.
Ok, I self-answer this one: ACLs are needed if you want to let users
choose who can access their files.

Another question: how can I set access permissions so that the webserver
(running on another machine) can have RO access, if I can't give it a
"standard" account? Can I use machine accounts? And how can I make
Apache automatically access user's home/public_html?
Maybe I'm just confused and I'll realize just after sending...

BYtE,
 Diego.