[Samba] PDC How to change workstation setting?

Alberto Moreno portsbsd at gmail.com
Sun May 27 22:15:20 MDT 2012

Maybe I wasn't clear.

In a NT4 domain, u have a option to setup on which machines a user can
login, this way u can know that a X user can only use his own
computer.

Once u migrate NT4 to SAMBA-LDAP, that setting goes to "Workstation" field.

check this:

pdbedit -L -v -u user1
smbldap_search_domain_info: Searching
for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=X))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
ldap_connect_system: successful connection to the LDAP server
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: itello
Unix username:        user1
NT username:          user1
Account Flags:        [U          ]
User SID:             XXX
Primary Group SID:    XXX
Full Name:            One User
Home Directory:
HomeDir Drive:        O:
Logon Script:         /sbin/nologin
Profile Path:
Domain:               XXX
Account desc:        kITCHEN
Workstations:         MACHINE-X  <<<=====================
Munged dial:
Logon time:           Tue, 04 Jan 2011 07:08:28 PST
Logoff time:          never
Kickoff time:         never
Password last set:    Sat, 26 May 2012 13:07:23 PDT
Password can change:  Sat, 26 May 2012 13:07:23 PDT
Password must change: never
Last bad password   : 0
Bad password count  : 0
Logon hours         : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

As u can see the field Workstations it means that this user can only
login on this machine on this domain.
How can I change that field?

Thanks!!!

--