[Samba] Samba 4 Re-provisioning

Charles Tryon charles.tryon at gmail.com
Thu May 24 13:30:37 MDT 2012

If all you are trying to do is rebuild (or migrate) your DNS without
boffing the rest of your current domain, you should be able to use:

    /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_upgradedns --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ --verbose

I just used this to convert my flat-file back-end over to DLZ.  I DON'T
know if it understands pulling your zone out of the internal server and
converting it to bind9.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Mike Howard <mike at dewberryfields.co.uk>wrote:

> What's best practice when it comes to changing a samba4 provision, without
> screwing current domain objects (users, computers, policy etc)? If, for
> example, I wanted to change the DNS from internal to external bind9, is it
> just a case of re-running 'provision' with the different command line
> option or will that mangle the domain sid etc?
>
> Cheers,
> Mike.
> --
> Any question is easy if you know the answer!
> --

    Charles Tryon