[Samba] Samba4 : Problem setting folder and file permissions from windows box

François Moyson micdedi at free.fr
Thu May 24 02:43:21 MDT 2012

I have just tried to set permissions on folders present inside
"profiles" share,
and there it works! I can add users, change permissions and so on.

The ownership of /usr/local/samba/var/profiles is also root:users with
same rights as my /home/windows folder (which is "homes" share).
So I don't get why I can set permissions and edit users in the profiles
share, and not in the homes share.

/home is not on a separate partition, everything is on the same
partition, so not a filesystem issue.
hope it can help to pinpoint the issue...

micmac