[Samba] cross-compile samba4

Mike Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Sun May 20 12:53:12 MDT 2012

On 18/05/2012 08:15, Kai Blin wrote:
> On 2012-05-17 14:06, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> Hi Mike,
>
>> I've CC'ed Kai, who is our expert on Samba4 on ARM.  Hopefully he can
>> help you out.
> I have to admit that so far I've resorted to building natively on the
> ARM hardware I run things on. You need a target Python version in your
> path, and cross-compiling Python has so far been a stumbling block for me.
> The dreamplug is a Kirkwood-based ARMv5, right? With a reasonably fast
> disk, I can build on similar hardware in ~2 hours, iirc. Make sure you
> have enough RAM, the build takes>  128 megs.
>
> HTH,
> Kai

Hi Kai,

I thought I'd give the cross-compile route a further try. To that end,
I've a cross-compiled python and so have it available to put in my path.
However, If I put the 'arm' version at the head of my path, configure
fails immediately as it tries to use it and if I put it at the tail of
my path, then during the configure process, configure finds the native
python and tries to use it, which fails.

Is/are there any configure options to specify which python to use and
when? I guess not.

The configure doesn't want to play nice with distcc either, again due to
the python issue I guess.

Regards,
Mike.