[Samba] cross-compile samba4

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Fri May 18 01:15:57 MDT 2012

On 2012-05-17 14:06, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

Hi Mike,

> I've CC'ed Kai, who is our expert on Samba4 on ARM.  Hopefully he can
> help you out.

I have to admit that so far I've resorted to building natively on the
ARM hardware I run things on. You need a target Python version in your
path, and cross-compiling Python has so far been a stumbling block for me.
The dreamplug is a Kirkwood-based ARMv5, right? With a reasonably fast
disk, I can build on similar hardware in ~2 hours, iirc. Make sure you
have enough RAM, the build takes > 128 megs.

HTH,
Kai

--
Kai Blin