[Samba] [samba] getting files and ACLs from a fileshare in Python

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu May 17 06:05:24 MDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-05-12 at 13:17 +0200, Jean-Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am weighing Python for an application which needs to connect to a
> fileshare, to index the documents and also to retrieve the ACLs.
>
> Is there an equivalent of the Java libjcifs in Python?

Yes.  in Samba master we have a python interface on our smb client
library, which also reads ACLs.  We use it to manipulate group policies
in particular.

I have seen proposals to extend this layer, if it isn't enough at the
moment.  It is released as part of Samba 4.0 alpha releases.

Andrew Bartlett