[Samba] Samba4 winbind and .gvfs share mounting in Nautilus problem

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed May 16 05:26:00 MDT 2012

Hi everyone

I have S4 with winbind working fine with s3fs. Fine that is only when
logging in where it auto-mounts my own /home folder.

When I log in, my /home folder is correctly mounted automatically:
gvfs-fuse-daemon on /home/CACTUS/steve/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon
(rw,nosuid,nodev,user=CACTUS\steve2)

When I attempt to access another share by e.g. smb://server/reports (or
any other share)
The share is _sometimes_ mounted and works _almost_ (*) as expected, but
normally the process hangs with top showing gvfs taking up the top 10
slots and consuming 99% CPU.

(*) file locking doesn't work and permissions and ACL's  are not set
correctly on the mounted share.

What is the correct method for mounting shares from s3fs in Samba4 after
you have logged in successfully?
Cheers,
Steve

/etc/nsswitch.conf
passwd:         compat winbind
group:          compat winbind

wbinfo -i steve2
CACTUS\steve2:*:3000008:20513::/home/CACTUS/steve2:/bin/bash

/usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
     server role = domain controller
     workgroup = CACTUS
     realm = polop.site
     netbios name = SAM4DC
     passdb backend = samba4
     dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr,
netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser,
eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver
     server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, s3fs
     template shell = /bin/bash

[netlogon]
     path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/polop.site/scripts
     read only = No

[sysvol]
     read only = No

[homes]