[Samba] Samba4 for AD using existing LDAP, Kerberos, and Bind Setup.

David Minard david at scem.uws.edu.au
Tue May 15 20:28:37 MDT 2012

We run Apple's OD to support our Linux, Mac, and Windows clients and servers.  We are under pressure to use AD because more and more software coming out for Windows requires it.  We don't want to use AD, so Samba4 looks good.  However, we don't want to pull apart our directory to implement samba4.  Is there a way to get Samba 4 running so that it is able to use the existing LDAP and Kerberos set up for user info and user auth look up, still support Windows clients with AD, and still use our existing bind for general host look ups, but use samba4's own internal DNS for AD stuff?

Cheers,
David.

believed to be clean.