[Samba] cross-compile samba4

Mike Howard mike at dewberryfields.co.uk
Tue May 15 03:40:14 MDT 2012

Hi All,

Are there any good, up-to-date hints out there for cross compiling
Samba4 for Arm?

I've looked at http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Waf#cross-compiling but
the info is a little dated it appears. I'm looking to build for the
dreamplug and based on the info on the wiki I've installed qemu and an
arm toolchain but 'cross-execute' appears to be ignored. At least that's
what it looks like to me.

The 'config' step fails complaining it can't find the python libraries
but I suspect the process is failing to run the created arm code.

Of course I could be way off of base with my assumtions. Maybe I'd be
better off not using waf? Either way, any hints on cross-compiling
samba4 greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike.
--
Any question is easy if you know the answer!