[Samba] [samba] getting files and ACLs from a fileshare in Python

Jean-Daniel jeandaniel.browne at gmail.com
Sat May 12 05:17:08 MDT 2012

Hi,

I am weighing Python for an application which needs to connect to a
fileshare, to index the documents and also to retrieve the ACLs.

Is there an equivalent of the Java libjcifs in Python?

Given that the application will be running on Windows, what is the
best way to use the win32 API from Python?

If the application is running on Linux, I might be better off simply
mounting the share. Do you know a good way to read the ACLs for the
files?

There are few reference to Python wrappers to Samba4, what is the
status of this project?

In the end, if Python interaction with a fileshare are limited, I can
use C# which must be much better integrated with the windows API.
Isn't this wiser?

Thanks for you help,