[Samba] requesting help setting share permissions

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Thu May 10 10:21:58 MDT 2012

Hi,

I have a share I'm trying to lock down to a specific group and I'm not
hold my mouth right. I want this share available to a single group. I
want this share to have directory permissions 0770 when a directory is
created and file permissions 0660. I want the users accessing this share
to never be able to change these permissions. When a file or directory
is created, I want the group to be the controlling group and nothing else.

I currently have:

[sales]
        comment = Sales files
        path = /opt/group/sales
        valid users = @GRP\sales
        force group = sales
        read only = No
        create mask = 0660
        force create mode = 0660
        security mask = 0660
        directory mask = 0770
        force directory mode = 0770
        directory security mask = 0770
        msdfs root = Yes

What am I doing wrong? I'm testing by copying a file in windows over to
this share, then checking the resulting permissions in unix.

Mike

Fedora Core 5
Samba 3.3.3