[Samba] transfer users after samba upgrade to new server

Bill Szkotnicki bszk at uoguelph.ca
Thu May 10 09:55:31 MDT 2012

Thank you Dale.

Actually I did this by importing smbpasswd with
pdbedit -i smbpasswd:smbpasswd

And it works in the sense that my users can map a drive with their same
credentials.

But I have something else to consider.
The old server was a domain master and so I have some win XP machines
that login to it and there is a netlogin.bat etc.
Given that all of the user password and machine passwords are now
imported I wonder if that will continue to work when I switch over.
If anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate it.
I will be performing a test switch  over on Monday at noon
Guelph,ON,Canada time.

Bill