[Samba] <SOLVED> Re: New unexpected behaviour when joining a domain

J.F.Gratton jean-francois.gratton at videotron.ca
Tue May 8 18:12:37 MDT 2012

On the Windows boxen, I did: set | more .. something bothered me, the
USERDOMAIN variable was set to the linux host hostname. I figured that
users might be logging in locally, somehow. Easy to solve: pdbedit -x
USER ; smbpasswd -a USER.

I went with pdbedit -x instead of smbpasswd -x because smbpasswd -x also
launches userdel, which I wanted to avoid.

All set and solved.

-- Jeff