[Samba] Samba4: fileserver and Posix ACL's

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon May 7 11:12:53 MDT 2012

Hi
Scenario:
user steve member of group called staff

share called 'reports' with permissions 0750 root:staff

When steve tries to access reports on xp or win7 he gets permission
denied. We have to set 'reports' to 0755 for steve to have access. No
amount of security tab work on the share in windows will allow him entry.

We only want members of the group staff in reports but we can't if we
have to set it 0755. The same scenario over kerberized nfs to Linux
clients respects the access fine.

Is this a spin off of the samba4 fileserver not being recommended at the
moment?
Will this be fixed with s3fs?
Will s3fs need a reprovision when available.

Cheers,
Steve