[Samba] Help with migration

Denis Fateyev denis at fateyev.com
Mon May 7 03:54:47 MDT 2012

Hello Alejandro,

Probably to check all the details you need to create a build environment,
at first. It's the general advice. As for your question, I had samba-3.5
server (upgraded from 3.0.28) which was able to authenticate all windows:
from win98 to win7 (domain members). So I think it's possible to do.
Actually I cannot recall any problems I had during the upgrade process,
except very little ones. I used 'SerNet' samba builds (btw, many thanks to
them!)

---
wbr, Denis.