[Samba] Samba4 oplocks: LibreOffice and Word file locking

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri May 4 04:27:27 MDT 2012

On 05/04/2012 11:43 AM, Ludek Finstrle wrote:
> Hi
>
> Fri, May 04, 2012 at 11:21:13AM +0200, steve napsal(a):
>> One other thing:
>> With winbind, do I have to have my home directories where winbind
>> tells me? ie whatever wbinfo -i user gives?
>    sorry I have no idea. Let's try and you'll see.
> As I wrote some time ago I don't use winbind. I use Franky with patched pdb_ads
> and it's enough for me to have nslcd (also patched with striped SID domain prefix
> + some base rid).
> I have no domains trusts so this is enough for me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luf
Hi
We don't use winbind either and we also use nslcd (what a superb piece
of kit). We simply store the rfc2307 attributes in the dn of the user or
group and have setup scripts to manipulate uses and groups in this way.
All I'm looking for is an altrernative to the file sever that ships with
S4 at the moment. I think the new fileserver will become stable soon.
Just looking at the possibilites for having something now rather than
wait. Franky on the same box is attractive.
Cheers,
Steve