[Samba] Samba4 oplocks: LibreOffice and Word file locking

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri May 4 01:19:18 MDT 2012

I do not know exactly what you are trying to do!?
You have one Samba4 DC-ADS the master!
One samba3 the file and printserver!?
Both on a physical host!?
So you just need to let do Samba4 be the authentication and gpo part.
The samba3 host has to join as memberserver to the ads of the Samba4. Point the samba3 server to authenticate users
to the samba4.
For the samba4. Login from your admin PC with ads tools from Microsoft installed:

See also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816313/EN-US
Assign a home folder to a domain user
Note: To specify a network path for the home folder, you must first create the network share and set permissions that permit the user access. You can do this with Shared Folders in Computer Management on the server computer.

To assign a home folder to a domain user: 1.Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
2.In the console tree, click Users.
3.In the Details pane, right-click the user account, and then click Properties.
4.In the Properties dialog box, click Profile.
5.Under the Home folder, type the folder information. To do this, follow these steps:
•To assign a home folder on a network server, click Connect, and then specify a drive letter.
•In the To box, type a path. This path can be any one of the following types:
◦Network path, for example:
\\server\users\tester  ##server in your turn could be the samba3 host##

◦You can substitute username for the last subfolder in the path, for example:
\\server\users\username

Define the home directories on the samba3 host.

Good Luck
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV