[Samba] upgrade

sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu
Wed May 2 07:13:20 MDT 2012

Very intersting, Then I can only upgrade one times on month?

Subject: Re: [Samba] upgrade
From:    "Michael Wood" <esiotrot at gmail.com>
Date:    Tue, May 1, 2012 5:29 am
To:      sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu
Cc:      samba at lists.samba.org

Hi

On 1 May 2012 00:24,  <sandy.napoles at eccmg.cupet.cu> wrote:
> Hello list, Iam running every day git pull for update my samba-master,
> after I follow the step upgrading-samba4, and everything is ok, but I will
> want know how I can see if my samba4 is upgrade succeful. thereis some
> log. some aplication that say me it, in this moment how I can know if my
> samba4 is alpha 18 or alpha 19? after upgrade

It is not necessary to upgrade every day :)

/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba --version

(or smbclient --version, etc.)

will tell you the version.  For a version of samba later than alpha19,
it will say something like Version 4.0.0alpha20-GIT-xxxxxxx, where
"xxxxxxx" is the first few characters of the commit ID that was
current when you compiled Samba.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>