[Samba] Samba LDAP Failover

Massimiliano Perantoni massimiliano at perantoni.net
Sat Mar 31 06:42:38 MDT 2012

The matter is that, since the manual indicates so, it should be
supported and delegated to the ldap api in use...
The openldap api supports rebinding. The proof of it is that if in
/etc/ldap.conf I put in the uri 2 ldap servers everything works fine.
The matter seems that samba, even using such an infrastructure, doesn't work.
I'd like at least to know if it is some mistake I do or it is just
deprecated/never supported, just to go in other directions
implementing other failover-by-hand systems.

Thanks!