[Samba] windows 7 roaming profiles

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Mar 30 01:18:43 MDT 2012

El 29/03/12 22:36, Miguel Medalha escribió:

>> The stuff in t he roaming profiles (very little) is copied back/forth
>> at login/out, the stuff in t he redirected folders is *synchronized*
>> at all times using the Offline Files technology that has long existed
>> in Microsofts products.

Hi
I'm coming to back to Windows after a 12 year absence so please forgive
my questions.

Just coming back to my original post for a moment,

e.g.
I create a file and store it on my desktop.

roaming profile
It is stored locally until I log off whereupon it is synced to the server.

desktop folder redirected
The file is only ever stored at the destination. Edits are
instantaneously synced, not only when I log off.

Is this correct? What is the equivalent of folder redirection in Linux?

Thanks,
Steve