[Samba] Fwd: windows 7 roaming profiles

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 13:52:30 MDT 2012

> Isn't there a way with group policies to have the client delete the
> roaming profile after the user logs out. I think that would solve the
> OP''s problem.

Yes, there's a way to do that. But it doesn't solve the problem of
having to transfer maybe hundreds of megabytes or even worse each time
you log in to the domain. Back when the idea of roaming profiles was
first put to practice (Windows 2000), user profiles were MUCH smaller
than they are today.

So, the use of roaming profiles with folder redirection seems to me
the most appropriate way to deal with this.

Please note that the "Local Settings" component of the profile should
not be redirected.