[Samba] Samba4 provision fails "unable to find group id for BIND"

Herczeg Péter h.pjotr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 06:55:40 MDT 2012

Dear list members,

Based on Samba4 Wiki I try to install and provision a SAMBA4 server on
a Debian server.
version: 6.0.4
kernel: 2.6.32-5-686
samba version: 4.0.0alpha19-GIT-55bd279

I have followed the official HOWTO step by step, but after I run the
provision command:

"/usr/local/samba/sbin/provision"

(REALM: itlabs.net, Domain: itlabs, Server Role: dc, Admin password:
PASSWORD, Retype: PASSWORD)

The configuration starts, but when provision process reach the
following part, it informs me:

"Creating DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones partitions
Populating DomainDnsZones and ForestDnsZones partitions

Unable to find group id for BIND,
                set permissions to sam.ldb* files manually

See /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf for an example configuration
include file for BIND
and /usr/local/samba/private/named.txt for further documentation
required for secure DNS updates
Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE marking as synchronized
Fixing provision GUIDs"

Can you help me, what can be the problem?

how can I provide the proper permissions for BIND to set configuration
data and create own smb.conf correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Peter